With the view to understanding the salary trend in the data and analytics domain, AIM Research conducts a Data Science Salary study annually and presents a report on the same. This research is the only annual study in India that delves extensively into India’s data and analytics salary trends and provides a comprehensive view of the changing landscape.
Keeping in line with the overall recessionary trend the median salary of data and analytics professionals has decreased in 2023 compared to 2022. In terms of years of experience, as well, the salary of data professionals across varying levels of work experience has decreased.
This report, now in its ninth year, covers the median salary distribution across multiple categories, including cities, education, sector, years of experience, and key data science roles. The report enables entrepreneurs, industry policymakers, companies, and data science experts to get an overall view of the salary structures across multiple roles, sectors, cities, experience levels, and others.
For previous year’s reports:
2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015
- The median salary of data science professionals has decreased by 10%, from 16.8 LPA in 2022 to 15.2 LPA in 2023.
- 34% of data analytics professionals command a salary between 0-6 LPA followed by 19% in the 6-10 LPA bracket.
- With a median salary of 28.5 LPA, a data architect earns 1.8 times more than the median salary of an analytics professional.
- Data professionals working with Kubeflow on average earn 1.6 times more than the median salary of a data/analytics professional.
- The median salary of freshers or data & analytics professionals with 3-6 years have dropped by more than 25%.
- On average, there has been a 21% decline in median salary across consumer industries.
- Data professionals working in startup analytics firms have seen a 10% increase in the median salary followed by those in Boutique Analytics firms (8%).
- Data & analytics professionals working in startups earn 1.6 times the benchmark median salary.
- Data & analytics professionals in Mumbai earn 1.2 times the median salary of data and analytics professionals.